Owned and operated by the Town of Clifton Park, New York since 1999.
Restored through the assistance of Community volunteers, Town staff, & New York State grants.
Upcoming Programs and Events:
- Sunday March 12, 2023 (1:00pm) - David Moyer of Birchwood Archaeological Services will deliver a PowerPoint presentation on an excavation conducted on Fire Road near Route 9. This will be held at the Tavern in conjuction with an exhibit "The Archaeology of Clifton Park."
- First Fridays - April 7, 2023 (7:00pm) - Sustainable Landscaping with Trees
- Sunday April 16, 2023 (11:00am - 4:00pm) - Friends of Groom's Tavern will be holding an Antiques and Collectibles sale
- First Fridays - May 5, 2023 (7:00pm) - Inflation Reduction Act: How you can benefit
- The Clifton Park Historic Preservation Commission will celebrate May as Historic Preservation Month with the announcement of the recipients of the Town’s Historic Preservation Awards and a special lecture by Sue Thompson, owner of a historic house on the Clifton Park Register of Historic Places. She is an amateur
archaeologist and will relate interesting finds she has discovered on her property and the research she has conducted. (Time and Date TBD)
- A special art exhibit featuring artists’ interpretation of Clifton Park’s historic structures will also open at the Historic Grooms Tavern during May to celebrate Historic Preservation Month. This will feature both early and contemporary paintings of historic buildings and places. (Time and Date TBD)
- During summer this year there will be a supervised archaeological excavation. (Time and Date TBD)